This chess set includes our Craftsman Series chess pieces matched with our African Padauk and Bird’s-Eye Maple Molded Edge Chess Board. This set has become a popular model for players and collectors alike for its notable use in a number of prestigious chess tournaments in the U.S. including the 2021 Sinquefield Cup in Saint Louis. Handcrafted by our skilled artisans, this elegant Staunton chess set features a beautifully sculpted knight with fine detail and a unique mane that is far different from other knights. The other pieces have traditional Staunton shapes and an elegant profile that together creates a cohesive design from pawn to king. These are African padauk and boxwood pieces with a high gloss lacquer finish. The king is 3.75” tall with a base diameter of 1.6”. The pieces are heavily weighted for exceptional balance and stability on the chess board and have green billiard cloth pads for a quiet soft cushion. We include two extra queens for pawn promotion.
Our Padauk and Bird's-Eye Maple Molded Edge chess board is made for us by Rechapados Ferrer in Spain, the preeminent wood chess board manufacturer in the world. The craftsmanship and quality of the inlay work is unsurpassed. The black molded edge accentuates the rich red-brown colors of the padauk and a wide black inlay delineates the squares. The squares are 2.125" and the chess board measures 21.5" overall and is .5" thick. An excellent chess board for the backdrop of these beautiful padauk and boxwood pieces. Whether you are collector or looking for just one special chess set, the Craftsman pieces together with this chess board blends beauty and functionality for display and play.
- Includes 34 Pieces with 2 Extra Queens for Pawn Promotion
- African Padauk & Boxwood
- High Gloss Lacquer Finish
- King Height: 3.75"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 3.2 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 56 Ounces
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Includes a certificate of authenticity so you will always know the name of the set, where it came from, the year it was made, and the type of woods
- Recommended Chess Board Size: 2.125" - 2.25" Squares
- Padauk & Bird-Eye Maple Veneers and Other Wood Material
- Matte Polyurethane Finish
- Square Size: 2.125"
- Dimensions: 21.5" x 21.5" x .5
- Wide Black Delimiter Around Squares
- Black Molded Edge
- Made in Spain