This chess set includes our Parker Series Chess Set with acacia and boxwood pieces matched with our Walnut and Maple Deluxe Chess Board. The Parker is one our exclusive designs with an old classic Staunton look and a handsome knight reminiscent of an older Jacque's set. This is a regulation size set with a 3.75" tall king and a 1.625" base. The pieces are heavily weighted for exceptional stability and have thick green baize pads for a soft feel on the chess board. This is a thirty-four piece set that includes two extra queens for pawn promotion.
Our Walnut and Maple Deluxe Chess Board is made for us by Rechapados Ferrer in Spain, the manufacturer of the highest quality inlaid chess boards in the world. Made from premium grade walnut and maple veneer, the precision of the craftsmen inlay work is remarkable. The squares are 2" and the overall size of the board is 19.5" and .5" thick. A triple inlay delimiter accentuates the playing area from the extra wide frame that is the full width of a square. The board is sealed with a matte polyurethane finish that both protects and enhances the beauty of the wood.
- Acacia & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.75"
- King Base: 1.5"
- King Weight: 2.5 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 48 Ounces
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Baize Cloth Pads
- Material: Walnut & Maple Veneer & Wood Materials
- Matte Polyurethane Finish
- Square Size: 2" (actual 50mm)
- Dimensions: 19.5" x 19.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world.