This large and beautiful chess set includes our New Exclusive Staunton with acacia and boxwood pieces matched with our Deluxe Walnut and Maple Chess Board and Classic Walnut Chess Box. The New Exclusive Staunton has all of the features that avid chess players and collectors looks for in an upper-end Staunton chess set. From the elegant profile with a large tapered base to the extraordinary knights carved by some of the best craftsmen in the world, you will be thoroughly impressed with the quality of these Staunton chessmen. The acacia wood is a perfect match with the golden-grown color of the walnut board. These are large pieces with a 4" king and a base diameter of 1.875". The pieces are triple weighted for exceptional stability and have thick green baize pads for a soft landing on the chess board. We include a certificate of authenticity so you will always know what the chess set is, where it came from, and when it was made.
Our Deluxe Walnut and Maple Chess Board is made with the finest veneers and sealed in semi-gloss polyurethane protective finish. The squares are 2.125" and the overall size of the board is 21.5" and .5" thick. A black inlay border accentuates the playing area and the bottom of the board has pads to protect whatever surface it sets on. The chess box is wonderfully constructed and reminiscent of the old heirloom quality chess boxes from many years ago. The box is covered in walnut veneer and the interior is lined with a thick green baize just like we use for the pads on our chess pieces. The box has a divider in the center for storing the black and white pieces separately. We used high quality recessed hinges and a silver plated lock for securing the lid. We include 2 keys in case one ever gets lost. The New Exclusive is a stunning show piece that you will want to leave out and display in your home!
- Acacia & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished to a beautiful luster
- King Height: 4"
- King Base: 1.875"
- King Weight: 3.4 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 80 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Baize Cloth Pads
- Certificate of Autheniticity
- Material: Walnut & Maple Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane (soft sheen)
- Square Size: 2.125" (actual 55mm)
- Dimensions: 21.5" x 21.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world.
- Material: Walnut Veneers & Other Woods
- Lining: Thick Green Baize (same material as the pads on the chess pieces)
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Silver Plated Lock and Hinges (includes 2 keys)
- Outside Dimensions: 9.75" x 6.625" x 4.25"
- Inside Dimension: 8.75" x 5.625" x 3" (1" space above in lid)