Made in America, our African Padauk and Maple Mission Craft Solid Wood Chess Board is simplistically beautiful and profoundly designed. It's nothing less than a fine piece of handcrafted furniture and is the perfect surface for both playing and displaying your treasured chess set. Made from solid African padauk and maple, it has 1.625" squares and measures 16.5" x 16.5" x 1.125" tall. Ebony or African paduak (blood rosewood) chess pieces will look stunning sitting on this chess board as will nearly any chess set! Our Mission Craft Series solid wood chess boards are made for us by a local craftsman extraordinaire and are simply the best solid wood chess boards in the world. No other chess board made today compares in design and features built into this chess board. They are uniquely engineered to prevent warping which is a common problem with most solid wood chess boards. You will find no screws, plates, or other metal hardware on this chess board - it's all old-world woodworking genius. Here are some noteworthy features of this chess board:
1. Solid African Padauk and Maple - no veneer used.
2. Laminated frame to prevent warping.
3. Decorative corner dowels are used to strengthen mitered corners instead of screws and plates to maintain the old-world woodworking integrity.
4. Decorative maple inlay surrounds the frame.
5. Special interlocking design between board and frame to prevent warping.
6. Exposed squares underneath.
7. Special finish to protect and seal the wood on every exposed surface.
8. Thick felt pads to protect the furniture you sit it on.
9. Unique key-hole on back side of frame so the chess board can be hung on a wall.
If you are looking for an extraordinary chess board that is beautiful, thoughtfully designed, demonstrates old-world woodworking excellence, and best yet – made in America, look no further this is the one!
- Material: Solid African Padauk & Maple
- Finish: Polyurethane Semi-gloss
- Square Size: 1.625"
- Overall Dimensions: 16.5" x 16.5" x 1.125" thick
- Weight: 7 lbs.