This unique chess set includes are Leningrad Staunton chess pieces matched with our Deluxe Tiger Ebony and Maple Chess Board and Classic Walnut Chess Box. Handcrafted by our talented artisans, these pieces are made from the highest quality East Indian rosewood and boxwood and are heavily weighted for superior stability on the chess board. The king is 4" tall and has a base diameter of 1.625" which is an ideal size for tournament play. The knights are similar to our Yugoslavia Staunton but with more refined features and detail. The pieces have thick green baize pads on the bottom for a soft cushion and easy sliding. We include two extra queens for pawn promotion and a certificate of authenticity so you will always know what the chess set is, what the wood is, where it came from, and when it was made.
Our Tiger Ebony and Maple Deluxe Chess Board is made for us by Rechapados Ferrer in Spain, the world's most renowned chess board manufacturer. This chess board features striped ebony, also known as tiger ebony which has irregular black and brown stripes similar to that of a tiger. This makes a spectacular back drop for the color of the colors of the rosewood and boxwood pieces. A triple inlay (white-black-white) pinstripe around the playing area along with an extra wide frame gives the chess board an elegant look. The chess board is sealed in a polyurethane finish that both protects and enhances the natural beauty of the wood. Made from the finest veneer available, the precise inlay work by the craftsmen of Rechapados Ferrer is simply unsurpassed.
The chess box is wonderfully constructed and reminiscent of the old heirloom quality chess boxes from many years ago. The box is covered in walnut veneer and the interior is lined with thick green baize just like we use for the pads on our chess pieces. The box has a divider in the center for storing the black and white pieces separately. We used high quality recessed hinges and a brass plated lock for securing the lid. We include 2 keys in case one ever gets lost. The Leningrad matched with this chess board and box is ideal for tournament chess and will look beautiful displayed in your home.
- Material: East Indian Rosewood & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 4"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 3 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 48 Ounces
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Baize Pads
- Material: Tiger Ebony & Maple Veneer over Wood Composites
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Triple Black & Maple Delimiter Around Squares
- Square Size: 2.125" (55mm)
- Overall Dimensions: 21.5" x .5" Thick
- Made in Spain
- Material: Walnut Veneers & Other Woods
- Lining: Thick Green Baize (same material as the pads on the chess pieces)
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Silver Plated Lock and Hinges (includes 2 keys)
- Outside Dimensions: 9.75" x 6.625" x 4.25"
- Inside Dimension: 8.75" x 5.625" x 3" (1" space above in lid)