This unique chess set includes are Leningrad Staunton matched with our Classic Walnut and Maple Chess Board and Classic Walnut Chess Box. Handcrafted by our talented artisans, these pieces are made from the highest quality East Indian rosewood and boxwood and are heavily weighted for superior stability on the chess board. The king is 4" tall and has a base diameter of 1.625" which is an ideal size for tournament play. The knights are similar to our Yugoslavia Staunton but with more refined features and detail. The pieces have thick green baize pads on the bottom for a soft cushion and easy sliding. We include two extra queens for pawn promotion and a certificate of authenticity so you will always know what the chess set is, what the wood is, where it came from, and when it was made.
Our Classic Walnut and Maple Chess Board looks beautiful matched with the brown-orange rosewood and natural boxwood pieces. This is an inlaid chess board made from the finest walnut and maple veneer sealed with a semi-gloss polyurethane finish to protect the wood. The precision of the inlay work is remarkable. The squares are 2.25" and the overall size of the board is 21" and .625" thick. A wide black delimiter accentuates the playing area and the bottom of the board is covered in cloth to protect whatever surface it sets on. The chess board is sealed in a polyurethane finish that both protects and enhances the natural beauty of the wood. The Leningrad matched with this chess board is ideal for tournament chess and will look beautiful displayed in your home.
The chess box is wonderfully constructed and reminiscent of the old heirloom quality chess boxes from many years ago. The box is covered in walnut veneer and the interior is lined with a thick green baize just like we use for the pads on our chess pieces. The box has a divider in the center for storing the black and white pieces separately. We used high quality recessed hinges and a brass plated lock for securing the lid. We include 2 keys in case one ever gets lost. The Leningrad matched with this chess board is ideal for tournament chess and will look beautiful displayed in your home.
- Material: Rosewood & Natural Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 4"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 3 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 48 Ounces
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Baize Pads
- Material: Walnut & Maple Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane (soft sheen)
- Square Size: 2.25"
- Dimensions: 21" x 21" x .625"
- Cloth covered bottom to protect whatever it sits on
- Material: Walnut Veneers & Other Wood
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Outside Dimensions: 9.75" x 6.625" x 4.25"
- Inside Dimension: 8.75" x 5.625" x 3" (1" space above in lid)
- High Quality Hinges and Lock - Comes with 2 Keys