This elegant chess set matches one of our favorite Staunton designs with our beautiful Macassar Ebony and Maple Chess Case. Our This is our Fierce Knight Staunton in genuine ebony and boxwood with a 3.5" king. The Fierce Knight is a blend of contemporary and traditional Staunton design featuring knights that are carved with realistic features. The perked ears, eyes, mouth, and mane create a fierce looking countenance that gives this set its name. The pieces have an elegant profile that is carefully turned to perfection on every piece and the wood is hand polished to a rich sheen. Green baize pads give the pieces a soft feel on the chess board and are heavily weighted for exceptional stability. Our Macassar chess case has spectacular colors ranging from orange-brown to black and a unique wood grain pattern unlike any other. The glass-like polyurethane finish enhances the colors even more creating a striking piece of chess décor. Black chess pieces are the perfect match while standing out prominently against the multi-color Macassar. The case has 2 drawers, one on each players side, with 16 individual compartments for holding a standard 32 piece set. The compartments are lined with a soft beige color velour material that looks great and will protect your chess pieces from scratches, dents, or damage of any kind. Save $40 when you buy this complete chess set package!
- Ebony Boxwood & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.5"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 2.3 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 44 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Includes The Chess Store Certificate of Authenticity so you will always know what the chess set is and where it came from.
- Material: Macassar Ebony & Maple Veneer Over Wood Composite
- Finish: High Gloss Polyurethane
- Dimensions: 18.75" x 18.75" x 3.25"
- Square Size: 2"
- Large Compartments (8 each drawer): 4" x 1.7" x 1.7"
- Small Compartments (8 each drawer): 3.5" x 1.7" x 1.7"