This chess set package includes our Deluxe Staunton in genuine ebony and boxwood with The Queen's Gambit Chess Board. The Deluxe Old Club Staunton is one of our most popular models and is often called the Reykjavik. The Deluxe Old Club is an ageless classic and is one of the most recognized chess sets among chess players. It has been featured on countless covers of chess books and other chess publications. The knight features a simple but handsome design and the pieces are heavily weighted making this a poplar set for club and tournament competition as well as the game at home. This is a library size set with a 3.25" tall king and a base diameter of 1.375". The pieces are heavily weighted for stability on the chess board and have thick green baize pads. We include 2 extra queens for pawn promotion.
This is the exact same chess board as seen in the finale chess game of The Queen's Gambit Netflix series produced by Rechapados Ferrer for the series. This attractive board features black stained poplar for the dark squares and natural ash burl for light squares. A decorative black, red, and orange weave delimiter separates the squares from the frame and the board is sealed in a matte finish. The squares are 1.75" and the chess board measures 17.5" overall and has felt pads on the bottom. The history and origin of the chess board and Deluxe Old Club chess pieces will add a special interest and fund to every game you play.
- Ebony & Boxwood
- King Height: 3.25"
- King Base: 1.375"
- King Weight: 1.6 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 42 Ounces
- Includes 2 extra queens for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Material: Black Stained Poplar & Ash Burl Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: Polyurethane Matte Finish
- Decorative Delimiter Separating Squares & Frame
- Square Size: 1.75"
- Dimensions: 17.5" x 17.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world