This chess set includes our British Staunton pieces in acacia wood and boxwood matched with our Deluxe Tiger Ebony and Maple Chess Board and Classic Walnut Chess Box. The acacia wood and boxwood chess pieces go perfect with the walnut and maple chess board. Our British Staunton is based on an old British Chess Company chess set from many years ago. It's purely traditional with all the features a player and collector looks for in a high quality Staunton chess set. The pieces are individually hand polished and lacquered to a beautiful luster. The king is 4" tall and has a base diameter of 1.625" - the ideal size for a game at home. The pieces have thick green baize pads so they slide smoothly across the chess board and are heavily weighted for stability. The British Staunton has been favorite with chess players for years and continues to be one of our most popular chess sets.
Our Tiger Ebony and Maple Deluxe Chess Board is made for us by Rechapados Ferrer and is a favorite for matching with ebony or ebonized chess pieces. This chess board features striped ebony, also known as tiger ebony which has irregular black and brown stripes similar to that of a tiger. This makes a spectacular back drop for the rich brown colors of the golden rosewood. A triple inlay (white-black-white) pinstripe around the playing area along with an extra wide frame gives the chess board an elegant look. The chess board is sealed in a polyurethane finish that both protects and enhances the natural beauty of the wood. Made from the finest veneer available, the precise inlay work by the craftsmen of Rechapados Ferrer is simply unsurpassed.
The chess box is wonderfully constructed and reminiscent of the old heirloom quality chess boxes from many years ago. The box is covered in walnut veneer and the interior is lined with a thick green baize just like we use for the pads on our chess pieces. The box has a divider in the center for storing the black and white pieces separately. We used high quality recessed hinges and a brass plated lock for securing the lid. We include 2 keys in case one ever gets lost. Whether a collector or you are looking for one special chess set to display in your home, the British Staunton will enhance every game you play.
- Acacia Wood & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 4"
- King Base: 1.675"
- King Weight: 2.4 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 48 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Material: Tiger Ebony & Maple Veneer over Wood Composites
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Triple Black & Maple Delimiter Around Squares
- Square Size: 2.125" (55mm)
- Overall Dimensions: 21.5" x .5" Thick
- Material: Walnut Veneers & Other Wood
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Outside Dimensions: 9.75" x 6.625" x 4.25"
- Inside Dimension: 8.75" x 5.625" x 3" (1" space above in lid)
- High Quality Hinges and Lock - Comes with 2 Keys